Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Granite Peak - Montana's high point

Southwest couloir route, center of photo:
From whence we came:
On top of Montana!

Hokay, I'm even more psyched to have summitted #49 - Granite Peak - yesterday, the hardest high point after Denali. Woo hoo!!! No time to post much right now--we're on our way to Yellowstone--but here's a report of the much less commonly used route we used. We had quite a bit more icy snow in the couloir so it was technically more challenging for us. Lots of really fun Class 4 and easy 5 rock scrambling and perfect weather conditions were a real treat. I am a very happy camper today. :)

2 comments:

SteveQ said...

I'm doing my first high point, Harney Peak (SD) next week, right after the Lean Horse 100. Then Eagle Mtn. (MN) will be #2, right after the Superior 100. If someone starts a hundred at the base of Denali, I'm in big trouble.

Congrats on #49!

RunSueRun said...

I can tell you're already hooked. It's just another manifestation of OCD, you know. :-) Hope you had a great run at LH!!